Thursday 22 March 2012

Builders in the House 8 - doors

I came in from work last night at around 9:30, but much to my frustration I wasn't able to have a good look at the work that had been done as we still don't have any lighting. Unfortunately my camera work was even worse than usual, but hopefully these give a general idea of what has been done now. Not content with papering the walls, the music-loving wallpaper guy also papered most of the doors! Quite common here, I believe, and I think it is an effective technique. I love all that light coloured wood trim, and what you are looking at here are the three big sliding doors that will divide the space into two smaller classrooms. The wooden door leads into the old hall to the stairs and toilet. The picture below is from a slightly different angle, but again from the
front door. The sliding doors will slide right out of sight to make the one big room.

After all the preparation everything seems to be happening very quickly, and it now seems to be finishing touches. Today has been another busy day for the builders, but I'll have to wait until the morning for more photographs. Be back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Looks nice Paul, a big improvement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg. Wait until you see it in the flesh! The floor has now been uncovered, and the new lights put up. It looks fab!

      Delete